Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve

The four of us returned home from Alaska Wednesday morning, 5 AM! Let me just say that Alaska is incredible. I did three hikes in three days, met such nice folk, learned to appreciate every inch of a walk, and saw a lot of wildlife.


Five bears moseyed alongside the highways, four moose--one chilling in the middle of a pond with some swans--chewed on their moose chow as we whizzed pass, two red fox sidled by, countless ravens and bald eagles and hawks, a golden eagle up close. So many adventures and sight-seeing.


Three days to get there, four days visiting, and two days back. I saw my pops. He made us a sourdough pancake breakfast twice--so yummy! And an interesting, perhaps random, occurrence: My appetite was monstrous! I ate so much food and was hungry all the time.


Beautiful, serene, clean, wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. I think you stole my appetite! I wish we had more time to stay... :( Got me all depressed yesterday while thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. The stay should be longer than the drive at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two in mind... Midwest road trip, or southwest road trip on to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd avoid Mexico...we're dumping soldiers everywhere to fight the drug lords right now.

    Midwest...I'd be down for that! Can go see your uncle/aunts awesome ranch :D

    ReplyDelete