Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bacon-Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Waffles

I have a problem, a dilemma you might say.

Bacon.


Why is that a problem you ask? I don't eat bacon. I don't eat pork at all for that matter, nor beef, chicken, lamb, etc. I am a pescetarian, fish is my only meat.

But I love baking with bacon. The excitement spreads throughout my entire body. BLTs, classic bacon and eggs, bacon and chive twice baked potatoes, bacon cookies, bacon weaves, bacon bacon bacon. Chicken bakes with bacon bits at Costco?

I don't even
like bacon. It's just fun to play with in recipes.


Today I made waffles for my boyfriend topped with bacon, bananas, peanut butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some whipped cream. He said the bacon kind of clashed with the other flavors, but he liked it. (He always likes it though--He's the best). So maybe I went a little crazy with bacon this time, but maybe you want to try it out!


Oatmeal Peanut Butter Waffles
(serves two)

1 c. quick oats
4 T. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 T. sweetener of your choice*
2 slices bacon
1 banana, sliced
cinnamon
syrup

Mix first five ingredients together and cook in a waffle iron. Fry up your bacon. Then in the same skillet**, fry the banana with several shakes of cinnamon. Serve bacon and banana over warm waffle with a drizzle of maple syrup.

I topped it with cinnamon whipped cream sweetened with maple syrup because my friend loves it and I had a huge tub of whipping cream in my fridge.***

*I go for honey.
**No bacon for me! Same for bacon grease. I just use a little butter.
***I made a fried egg (duck egg, double yolk) and cut up some peaches for a side, but the waffle was so big he didn't even get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment