Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gourmet S'mores

Sometimes, I just hate wearing pants. That's why you might find me wandering around in just a t-shirt and my underwear. It's only a problem when I'm forced to go out in public, or when the UPS guy rings the doorbell and blushes crimson when I answer the door. You know, skirts are okay when you have to, but some instances don't allow that. Skirts are inappropriate in some areas of life, such as my place of employment where long black dress-pants are part of the uniform. It's so nice at the end of a shift, the part after I bike home where I walk into the door and immediately unbutton those stupid pants. Aaah.

Sometimes, I go goo-goo over adorable dogs. Even less adorable dogs, I suppose: those little kick-me dogs who wear ridiculous outfits and make yippy noises--yeah, they're still unresistible. Parks are horrible because I want to go visit with every dog around. It's like my mother and babies.* Yeah... I have two woofs; Jojo is a five or six pound yorkshire terrier with a bad haircut and a tendency to smile.** Clif sleeps in my bed and hogs the covers. I allow this because he is my pup--my year and a half old german shepard-boxer pup whom joined the family by accident. Lucky him. He licks the floor clean when I spill and eats socks. He also plays fetch and loves swimming, despite his clumsy frolicking in the water.


Sometimes, I have a hankering to make s'mores. Camping has many great perks, but making s'mores over a campfire after a long, sweaty, dirty day is one of my favorites. However, these urges to make the gooey, sweet treats might come at a time when erecting a campfire isn't plausible, so I make due with the oven and the flames of our propane stove. You could also try the microwaving method, that works too, but nothing beats a golden marshmallow toasted to perfection. Though nothing compares with campfire s'mores, these "ghetto s'mores," or inauthentic s'mores and pretty fun, and my boyfriend likes 'em.***


Gourmet S'mores

1 graham cracker, divided in half
2 mini Hershey's bars
2 large marshmallows
chocolate sauce, to drizzle
raspberries to garnish

Oven directions: Melt chocolate on cookie sheet in oven set to broil keeping the door partially opened when fully heated. Use spatula to spread on s'mores. Remove from oven. Place marshmallow on top and put in oven until marshmallow expands and browns slightly. Garnish my drizzling chocolate sauce over top and adding raspberries.


*Except... well, not weird. Okay, maybe a little weird, but in a different way.
**Yes, she smiles. It looks like an innocent, sweet snarl.
***I don't eat them ever, just give them away. That's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment