Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Love & Fluffer Nutters

I don't think this is any secret, but peanut butter by the spoonful, straight from the jar is perhaps the best snack in the world.

Period.

Peanut butter mixed with honey. REAL peanut butter. Add some mashed strawberries or bananas, top it off with raisins.

PB&J. Duh.
PB&Banana. Mmm.

Fluffer nutter, anyone? Start out with a slice of bread, lather on some peanut butter, then add a layer of marshmallow fluff. Try it! Just do it!!


Do you like chocolate? Peanut butter loves chocolate. They are a perfect marriage.

I made a birthday cake for my friend this summer. A Peanut Butter-Chocolate Marble Cake, in fact.*


Only after the fact did I learn that my friend is mildly allergic to peanut butter, but previously I had made some delicious Peanut Butter Blondies with Milk Chocolate Frosting that he raved about.**


This picture isn't the greatest (okay, it's not even remotely nice), but I'll blame the lighting.We were in a pit of a garage; We call it the Pit, and dark scary things happen in the Pit. Namely all the rat droppings my friends and I might find on the couches and the rotten food we'll discover every so often under them.

Anyways, I've found some recipes that celebrate the prized peanut butter, and they must be tested.

Examine:
Peanut Butter-Banana Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies. Notice that there's TWO peanut butters in its name. Also, I love stuffed goods.

I would never eat these Peanut Butter-Bacon Cookies***, because I don't eat beef or pork (nor turkey, chicken, lamb, etc.), but I have so much fun making food with bacon. My friends like bacon, so that's acceptable.

It may not seem like it, but I really am some sort of health nut. I like baking for other people (but we'll get into that later). Sometimes I like making things for myself, and I've made some versions of this relatively healthy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse recipe.

I also want to make some of those peanut butter rice crispie bars with the milk chocolate frosting. Fond memories of that treat.

Yes, so to conclude, I recommend you now try the aforementioned fluffer nutter. It goes something like this:

Fluffer Nutter
2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted or untoasted
peanut butter
marshmallow fluff

Spread a thick layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread, then spread an even thicker layer of marshmallow fluff on the other slice. Bring together. Enjoy. Amen.


*Are you wondering why there's only one giant, fat candle on this birthday cake? Well, of course it is not because I had no birthday candles... No... See, there were two layers of cake for each decade he's been alive, and one candle for the year... Uhm... Yes. 21. Yes.
** It's also the same story with pineapples; He's allergic to the fruit, but he can't resist that one either.
***Okay okay, I'll be the first to note that many of the recipes I share are from two other blogging folk. I just think Sugar Plum and Joy the Baker are delightful, fun, and great bakers. So sue me. And/or recommend some other great food artists. That's an option too.

1 comment:

  1. But it was sooooo delicious! <3 Hah...nice...two layers...one candle... :P

    ReplyDelete